Ir para conteúdo

Compositor de Love Me Down cita Britney em nova entrevista!!

S4mu3L

Mensagens recomendadas

Matéria completa:

http://www.gaytimes.co.uk/culture/108863/jesse-saint-john-on-writing-for-britney-and-being-publicly-gay-from-day-one/

Who were your icons growing up?

Britney Spears. I saw her 11 times growing up. I’m a massive fan. Then, Fiona Apple and Regina Spektor, Joanna Newsom, Cocorosie, a lot of alternative female singer/songwriters. It’s a bit of a mix. I love Basement Jaxx. I thought it was cool that all of their songs sounded different, but came from the same sort of energy. I was a massive music inhaler, but then I also love musical theatre because I’m a faggot. I loved Spring Awakening, and I auditioned to go on the professional touring production, and I got all the way to the very last cut, and I didn’t make it. I was devastated, and was like, ‘Well, that’s it, I’ve got to become an investment banker’. But yeah, musical theatre was very big for me, and still, to this day, I’m constantly listening to all the the things I grew up on like Rent, Spring Awakening, and Wild Party.

You mentioned Britney, who you ended up writing a song for [Love Me Down]. How was that?

It was everything I ever wanted. I was literally like, ‘Okay, so now I will retire, thank you so much’. I didn’t even know songwriting for other people was really like a job, I didn’t know how that worked at all. So, the minute that I found out that people were writing for other people and sending them songs and stuff, I was like, ‘Oh, I need to write a song for Britney Spears’. I wrote this song called Secret with SOPHIE, and Charli XCX ended up releasing it, but it was something that was originally of interest for Britney. So then I had to be like, ‘Secret is off the table’. I was told by Karen, in Britney’s camp, ‘Okay, so make a new song, a better song’, and it was the last song that ended up making the album. I still haven’t met Britney, which is so sad, but I will. I sent that song for her, and we got the vocals two weeks later, and then it was on the album a month later. It was the quickest turnaround.

att Tradução:

Quem eram seus ícones enquanto crescia?

Britney Spears. Eu a vi 11 vezes crescendo. Eu sou um grande fã [...]

Você mencionou Britney, que acabou escrevendo uma música pra ela [Love Me Down]. Como foi isso?

Foi tudo que eu sempre quis. Eu estava literalmente "Ok, então agora vou me aposentar, muito obrigada". Eu nem sabia que composições para outras pessoas eram realmente como um trabalho, eu não sabia como isso funcionava. Então, no minuto que eu descobri que as pessoas estavam escrevendo para outras pessoas e mandando músicas e coisas do tipo, eu fiquei tipo, 'Oh, eu preciso escrever uma música para a Britney Spears'. Eu escrevi essa música chamada Secret com SOPHIE, e Charli XCX acabou lançando, mas era algo que originalmente interessava a Britney. Então eu tive que dizer: "Secret está fora da mesa". No acampamento de Britney, Karen me disse, "Ok, então faça uma música nova, uma música melhor", e foi a última música que acabou entrando no álbum. Eu ainda não conheci Britney, o que é tão triste, mas eu vou. Eu mandei essa música para ela, e nós conseguimos os vocais duas semanas depois, e após um mês veio o álbum. Foi a reviravolta mais rápida.

Link para o comentário
Compartilhar em outros sites

• Respostas 35
  • Publicado há
  • Última resposta

Arquivado

Este tópico foi arquivado e está fechado para novas respostas.

• Criar Novo...