Ir para conteúdo

Britney está entre os ensaios mais icônicos da história da revista Rolling Stone

Roberto Ferreira

Mensagens recomendadas

britney-spears_d-1.jpg

Britney Spears

By David LaChapelle

April 15, 1999

“Holy Roller religious people made such a big deal about that photo,” Spears said in 2006 of her first Rolling Stone cover, shot when she was 17 in her bedroom at home in Kentwood, Louisiana “I thought [it] was a good representation of who I really am.” Read more.

OUTROS SHOOTS:

madonna_d-1.jpg

Madonna

By Herb Ritts

RS508, September 10, 1987

This was a save. Ritts flew to Tokyo in 1987 planning to snap photos of Madonna all over town, but screaming fans mobbing the Japanese leg of the “Who’s That Girl” made that impossible. So the decision was made to simply shoot the pop star in the bed of her hotel room. Read more.

eminem_d-1.jpg

Eminem

By David LaChapelle

April 29, 1999

The Slim Shady LP had just arrived, and the concept of this photo for Eminem’s first Rolling Stone cover story — shot in New York in March of 1999 — was as simple as it was provocative: “He was about to blow up,” remembered photographer LaChapelle. Read more.

amy-winehouse_d-1.jpg

Amy Winehouse

By Max Vadukul

June 14, 2007

In May of 2007, Winehouse had just married Blake Fielder-Civil in Miami when Vadukal shot her there in her hotel room. “She's in her own world,” says Vadukual, “surrounded by this omnipresent light.” But the calm did not extend beyond this photo. A fidgety Winehouse bolted from a photo studio later that day after just 15 minutes of shooting for the cover. Read more.

lady-gaga_d-1.jpg

Lady Gaga

By Terry Richardson

July 8-22, 2010

Gaga and Richardson kicked an image from the “Alejandro” video up a notch in this cover shot: more gun, less clothing. Richardson, Gaga said in the forward to a photo book she and Richardson began collaborating on shortly after this shoot, inspired her “to feel it is OK to view yourself as hyper-human.” Read more.

adele_d-1.jpg

Adele

By Theo Wenner

November 19, 2015

For her third Rolling Stone cover, Wenner wanted a simple, stripped-down look – one that drew its power directly from Adele. When complimented on the results, Adele replied with a Beyoncé reference – “I woke up like this” – and let loose one of her distinctive belly laughs. Read more.

john-yoko_d-1.jpg

John Lennon & Yoko Ono

By Annie Leibovitz

January 2, 1981

Taken hours before John Lennon was assassinated outside his New York apartment building, this image is the best-known photograph in the magazine’s history – and perhaps the most famous magazine cover ever. Leibovitz spent two afternoons photographing the couple at their home. When she showed Lennon a Polaroid of this shot, he said, “You’ve captured our relationship exactly.” Read more.

meryl-streep_d-1.jpg

Meryl Streep

By Annie Leibovitz

October 15, 1981

Streep – disenchanted with the movie business – “wanted to disappear,” remembered Leibovitz. The photographer had white grease paint on hand from a James Taylor shoot that never went through. “She was really happy with that, because she could hide herself.” Read more.

brad-pitt_d-1.jpg

Brad Pitt

By Mark Seliger

December 1, 1994

Pitt spent three days road tripping through Mexico with Seliger and then-photo editor Jodi Peckman. “He wanted it to be an event,” remembered Seliger. He didn’t want to pose shirtless, but Peckman told him a head shot would look better if his neck was bare. Pitt is holding his shirt in his right hand because he thought it was out of frame. Read more.

janet-jackson_d-1.jpg

Janet Jackson

By Patrick Demarchelier

September 16, 1993

This image was shot for the cover of Janet. (using the hands of Jackson’s then-husband, Rene Elizondo). Jackson’s label cropped the image to just her face and midsection, but Rolling Stone went for the reveal of the whole image on the cover. “Everyone read deeply into it,” Jackson said. “I just thought it was a cool shot.” Read more.

rihanna_d-1.jpg

Rihanna

By Terry Richardson

Febuary 14, 2013

The singer photographed in Hollywood on January 20th, 2013. “I could never tell a 10-year-old to look at me, because I know I’m not perfect. That’s not what I signed up for.” Read more.

miley-cyrus_d-1.jpg

Miley Cyrus

By Theo Wenner

October 10, 2013

After this photo was shot in Santa Monica, California, on August 29th, 2013, for the magazine’s Hot Issue, Cyrus got tattoos to commemorate the occasion — ROLLING on the bottom of her right foot and $TONE on the bottom of her left. Read more.

justin-timberlake_d-1.jpg

Justin Timberlake

By Herb Ritts

January 23, 2003

“Herb never purposely went into a session saying, ‘I'm going to try and make this person into a sex symbol,’” says Mark McKenna, Ritts' executive assistant, of this shoot at the Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles for Timberlake’s first solo Rolling Stone cover. “He really thought Justin had the 'It' quality." Read more.

florence-welch_d-1.jpg

Florence Welch

By Nadav Kander

November 24, 2011

Welch’s red ringlets inspired this shot in the style of a Renaissance painting, with the singer holding a small figurine in her hands like a religious amulet. "Where that prop came from, I don't remember,” says Kander. “I know I had it on my shelf. Afterwards, she might have taken it." Read more.

lana-del-rey_d-1.jpg

Lana Del Rey

By Theo Wenner

July 31, 2014

“That was my rental car from the airport,” says Wenner. “A beige, norm-core sedan. She asked me if she could drive. And then she said, ‘I’ll pay you $200 if I can smoke in your car.’ Because there was a sticker: ‘Do not smoke. $200 penalty.’ I said, ‘If you let me take a picture, I’ll let you smoke in here.’” Read more.

kanye-west_d-1.jpg

Kanye West

By David LaChapelle

February 9, 2006

“I can’t even get endorsements now,” West told Rolling Stone after this famous 2006 cover shot. The 13-hour marathon photo session that produced this image also included a setup of West as Muhammad Ali (recreating Ali’s 1965 triumph over Sonny Liston), and one of West on horseback with a topless Pamela Anderson. Read more.

taylor-swift_d-1.jpg

Taylor Swift

By Theo Wenner

September 25, 2014

Wenner shot on film in the soft light of sunset, on a beach in the Hamptons. “With digital, people can look at the picture immediately – it causes second-guessing,” he says. Film, though, “doesn’t break the momentum. It allows for mistakes and spontaneity. It makes the subject more free.” Read more.

bruno-mars_d-1.jpg

Bruno Mars

By Mark Seliger

November 17, 2016

The singer photographed in Los Angeles, September 25th, 2016. He wanted his third album, 24K Magic, to be a soundtrack for a movie in his head that he described this way: "We're in New York. Summer night. The baddest rooftop house party. 2:30 in the morning, the band comes out, fucking dipped in Versace. The girls are screaming. And then the flyest lead singer the world has ever seen comes on and starts singing some shit." Read more.

jay-z_d-1.jpg

Jay-Z

By Albert Watson

June 24, 2010

“We wanted that Mount Rushmore shot,” Watson said. “Clean, powerful, straightforward – iconographic.” Jay-Z – then president of Def Jam – showed up late to a session at Gleason’s boxing gym in Brooklyn with “10,000 things going on,” Watson said. “I told Jay, ‘I need ten minutes, give me that and we’ll get this photo.’” Read more.

A LISTA COMPLETA: https://www.rollingstone.com/the-photo-issue

Link para o comentário
Compartilhar em outros sites

• Respostas 32
  • Publicado há
  • Última resposta

Arquivado

Este tópico foi arquivado e está fechado para novas respostas.

• Criar Novo...